André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Mar 11, 2014

Reading From One's Own Bookshelf

Reading From One’s Own Bookshelf

The Limburger-André Rieu: Because I've been married for almost 40 years to a woman who was formerly a teacher of German and Italian at the Porta Mosana College (formerly the Jeanne D’Arc Lyceum) in Maastricht, our bookcase is largely filled with German and Italian literature. Many books about Rome, the city where we prefer to go in our spare time. And then of course, in the broadest sense of the word a lot, of literature on music. And of course many about the Strauss family. An entire shelf filled with Karl May and Tin-tin, the heroes of my youth.

In recent years the children's books department of course has grown, because I love to read to my grandchildren. Historical novels for me are my favorites. By reading about other times you gain a perspective about the times in which we live.

Ken Follett is currently my favorite. Sometimes I read his books one after the other ... Preferably on long trips in the bus or on the plane. But for example, I was also very impressed by "The Cloister and the Hearth" a wonderful novel by Charles Reade, which is about the life of Erasmus’ parents and plays in the 15th century.

I find reading to be a wonderful way of relaxation. But at the same time I am a very curious and interested human being. I always want to know everything precisely, am interested in different time periods, but also the future in all its engineering and aerospace, physics, astronomy, new inventions.

I do not have an e-reader yet. When I am at home I read paper books, and when I am on the road I prefer my I-phone, which is always with me.


Thanks to Ineke for this and John's ©Translation 

2 comments:

Francine Chavanon said...

Superbe André qui s'intéresse à tout, non seulement la musique dont il est un merveilleux ambassadeur à travers le monde mais aussi toutes sortes de lectures sans oublier Tintin qui a captivé un grand nombre de lecteurs. Son érudition est immense et c'est un vrai bonheur non seulement d'écouter sa musique mais aussi, de l'entendre s'exprimer dans n'importe laquelle des langues qu'il maitrise à la perfection. Bravo André et GOD BLESS YOU! Francine.

Anonymous said...

OMG ANDREEE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAGICAL AND PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS