André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Apr 25, 2019

Praise To The South by André Rieu

Praise To The South by André Rieu
(Of The Netherlands and in particular the Province of Limburg)

"Where in the bronze/green oak woods" ... This is how the Limburg National Anthem starts and what a beautiful description of our southernmost province. I have been asked to write a preface about the south and I would like to do that. I have been living in Limburg all my life, and I would not want to live anywhere else!

By André Rieu - My ancestors came from the French region of Auvergne, but my parents actually came from Haarlem. In the Fall of 1949 my father secured a job as conductor of the then Maastricht Symphony Orchestra, and because of that my parents decided to move to Limburg. Therefore, I am a truly born and raised Maastricht citizen! Here people seem to really enjoy life to the fullest and they do so during all the seasons. This is particularly noticeable during the summer months, when the cafés and restaurants stay open late and the terraces are overcrowded - not only with Dutch people, but also with tourists "from abroad". It is not for nothing that I have chosen my hometown as the "final performance" of our annual concert series all over the world. In July we will be home in Maastricht and we can show our fans where we come from. Believe it or not, we counted no less than 90 (!) Nationalities on the Vrijthof during our concerts series last Summer.

Limburg citizens are truly Burgundian type people: that, in the first place has to do with a certain culinary lifestyle. People love great food and drink, and after a great dinner enjoy a leisurely  visit with friend and family... That also applies to me. I love to cook for my wife, children and five grandchildren! Second, there is, I think, no province as musical as Limburg. Every city or village has its own brass band or marching band where music is played enthusiastically every week. In addition, there is also a lot of music in the churches during mass. I sang in a church choir my entire youth, and I am convinced that has been very important for my musical development. Many of my orchestra members - particularly the brass section - have played in an all brass or marching band during their youth, and some still do it in their spare time. Sometimes I hear such an ensemble when I walk in the surroundings of my house. Then I feel so very warm inside and I realize "Just how beautiful our Limburg is ...!" (Wie sjoen os Limburg is)

From July 4 through July 21 you can once again enjoy the music of André Rieu and his orchestra during the Maastricht Open Air concerts. A few days later - on July 27 and 28 , the recording of these concerts can be viewed in cinemas throughout the Netherlands. And if you want to sit quietly at home, then Rieu’s new DVD "Love in Maastricht" is now available in stores! For more information, go to: www.andrerieu.com.

Thanks to Ineke for the article and John's Translation

No comments:

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS