André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Jun 11, 2021

André Rieu Relaxes in The Orangery of His Castle

 This Is What I Love 

André Rieu Relaxes in The Orangery of His Castle


Photo: Marcel van Hoorn

de Limburger by Rob Cobben, June 9, '21Every week a well-known Limburger tells L-magazine what he or she loves. This week: André Rieu (71), who normally travels the world with his Johann Strauss Orchestra. But the pandemic has kept him at home for over a year.

Waffle stand on the Vrijthof

"Because I travel a lot – in normal times – I like to cook when I'm at home; I cook for Marjorie, myself, the children and friends. I don't have a favorite restaurant or café. But I can't resist the temptation of the waffle stand that is on the Vrijthof during our concerts."

Favorite store: none

"I do not have a favorite store either. I'm someone who sees something nice and buys it, impulsively. That could be in Maastricht, or somewhere abroad. When I see a nice cardigan for Marjorie hanging in a shop window in Vienna, I buy it. The size is always right. And I know her taste."

My place: Orangery in the garden of our castle

This is what I love: André Rieu relaxes in the orangery of his castle.


Photo: Marcel van Hoorn

"Without a doubt: the orangery in the garden of our castle in Maastricht. That conservatory is filled with exotic plants and flowers. Butterflies and tropical birds fly around and koi-carp swim in the pond. It's the perfect place for me to relax."

Romeo and Juliet, a beautiful film

"He's my idol. Franco Zeffirelli is a fantastic opera, theatre and film director. Everything he does is done with an incredible sense of beauty and romance and with a lot of attention to detail. His productions are true works of art. My favorite movie is Romeo and Juliet, also because of the beautiful music of course."

Crazy about riestevlaoj(Rice

 vlaai/pastry)

"I love Mestreechse riestevlaoj . During the pandemic I baked a cake almost every day for the entire street and for Pierre and his family, who live next door to us." 


Comic books to learn languages

"As a child I loved to read the adventures of Tintin. I even have all the comic book hero's books in Spanish and Portuguese. During the corona pandemic I read them a lot. It's a way for me to learn those languages. My son Pierre also gave me wooden statues of Tintin as a birthday gift. Very nice!"


Appen with the children and grandchildren

"When we're on tour, I watch new videos and photos of my children and grandchildren every day. That is fantastic. I think I have about 500 phone numbers in the smart phone and 5,000 pictures and videos. I send more than fifty messages a day via WhatsApp.''


Thanks to Ineke for the article and John's translation

2 comments:

Francine Chavanon said...

Quel bel endroit que l'Orangerie du château pour se détendre ! Bravo André pour tes talents en pâtisserie en plus de la musique. Bientôt les concerts vont reprendre pour le plus grand bonheur du public. Bonne continuation et amitiés depuis la France. Francine .

Home Services said...

This is where you can apply the Pareto Principle. Identify the most critical activities and prioritize them. Similarly, suppose you find that 80% of the work is done by 20% of your developers. These employees work almost error-free and complete the work on time. In this case, you can think about reducing the team size of the company. Or, you can outsource the work the remaining employees used to do.
Pareto Principle or 80/20 rule can be used as a powerful strategy to boost your business. Even if the figures don’t turn out to be exactly 80 and 20, the main idea is to focus your attention on the most important things. Whether it is marketing, sales, development, manufacturing, or any other industry, you can put this principle into practice and grow your business dramatically. So, get started with any of these tips to use the Pareto Principle in your business.

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS