André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Sep 23, 2007

Kate Meets André Rieu At The Kerri Anne Show

Two Friends And A Dream That Came True

It started a week before with a little planning and guesswork. My friend Anne Roddick and I were desperate to catch any glimpse of Andre. Once we heard of where he would be the brain cells got ticking. We thought of going and standing outside the radio station but decided the next day at the TV studio would be our focus.

I was listening to the Alan Jones interview and when he said we could ring in and speak to Andre I thought I would give it a try. I never usually have much luck with this sort of thing. So dialled the number and bingo I was through on the queue. I nearly had a heart attack and had no idea what to say. I froze. My husband was standing by to pick me up. Next thing this voice said 'Hello Kate" OMG concentrate and don't say what I would of really liked to have said,(even with my husband next to me) so I think I waffled on about something. Then it was over - one minute to tell Andre how gorgeous he is and I didn't even do that! So I thought at least I had my Andre moment and I would be happy with that. At least I spoke to him.

So onto the next plan. Anne was coming to my place for 4.30am to set out to Channel 9 studios near where I live. We wanted to SEE Andre and try and get a photograph at least. We thought there might be a crowd and we wanted to be in the front of everyone. We got there at 5.30am and parked, no-one else was there. The security guards told us where to wait. We needed more info so my charm came out and I got chatting with security to find out what was happening and asked him to stall Andres car so we could take a photo. He said he would see what he could do. So 6.30 am passes weather wasn't to good but our excitement kept us warm. Faye and Jill arrived at 7.30 so it was nice to meet some others and put faces to emails. At 8am a receptionist arrived and came directly to us and said she would see what she could do for us to see Andre. So by 8.30 there were 7 of us. Then a camera man came over to us (did I do some begging with him!) and checked us out and said he would try and get us into the studio as a small audience. We nearly all flipped and hoped that no one else would turn up.

So we waited, then a limousine turned into the driveway, but no it was Al Gore. Camera man came back and said we were in!. We were wrapped. We were going to watch Andres interview. We were not allowed to take in cameras or phones, so we had to hand them into security. So we waited again and then suddenly another limousine turned into the driveway and pulled up at the boom gate. It was HIM. The windows were so dark we could not see where Andre was sitting. He would not stop for photographs. Oh well maybe later.

We saw him get out of the car. Then we waited some more and then saw the cameraman coming towards us - this was it! Across to the studio we walked (almost ran). Thought we had better behave ourselves. Then waited again for a few more minutes -so close. Then we were ushered in - OMG there he was, standing talking to Kerri-Ann. I could not take my eyes off him. There were 7 chairs for us to sit on. It was surreal, we were all gobsmacked and speechless. Have you ever seen six middle-aged ladies stop talking! He waved to us. I thought I had gone to heaven and this was a dream. Then the show started and he played My Way. We were closer than front row at his concerts. Then we watched the interview. When that finished we thought that was it. So we were just standing there in our little group and he came towards us and said hello and shook our hands. He didn't realise he had already shook my hand and then he went to shake my hand again, I wasn't going to knock back a second go!

Then we were led out of the studio. No photos were allowed, but he did give us something far better. This was better than anything else on this earth. So in the end we had about 30minutes of seeing Andre up close. It was so kind of him to allow us in. And for Channel 9 and Kerri-Ann. Especially as they told Andre we had been there since 5.30am. So then we waited again for him to drive out, but of course you cant see in the dark windows of the car. So it was all over.

I don't remember driving home ...



So the next plan ~ Sunday at Warringah Mall. Another early start.But this time all I want is a photograph of Andre in Sydney, that I took. Back from Warringah Mall. It was another long day arriving there at 5.30 am and we were not the first. Eventually the crowd was about 4000. It was a nice morning and Andre was his usual charm, handsome and looked like he was bearing up ok. Anne and I got his autograph. He must of thought 'heres those two silly women again'.
We managed to meet up with some other bloggers.

The highlight for Anne and I was definitly the Channel 9 studio
visit
with André at the Kerri Anne Show

Anne and I met through a message board about two months ago and arranged to have lunch together one day. Whilst having lunch we just dreamed of going to a concert one day and wouldn't it be nice to meet Andre and that was it. Never did we realise that two months later we would actually meet him and in such close contact. I think I will have her friendship forever as we suddenly shared a dream. We still can't believe two months later that we have met Andre and actually had the privilege to watch him in the studio ............ Kate

No comments:

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS