André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Dec 8, 2009

Marjorie Rieu "Woman in The Mirror"

Marjorie's Interview With People Magazine

Munich: "André can become incredibly outraged when something does not work! Moreover, he also sings during rehearsals", reveals André Rieu's wife, Marjorie (62) in her first interview with the People magazine, "WOMAN IN THE MIRROR". And during rehearsals he rides a bike."

There are no current photos of the wife of the Star Violinist. Why does she shy away from publicity? "I do not want to be the woman by the side of the artists" confesses the former German and Italian teacher. "I do not want to be defined through my husband" she says.

When asked if André is disappointed when she is not with him during events, she replied, "Nonsense, there are plenty of other beautiful ladies who perform along with him." She is definitely not jealous. "André can always find someone better".

Marjorie Rieu describes herself as someone "very down to earth". Her luxury is coziness. "Of course, success brings a certain degree of quality of life with it. "To her it is not the exterior appearances of expensive jewelry, but rather the small things in every day life. "For example, if you do not drive yourself to the gas station, or have a chauffeur to do your purchase, and you yourself do not have to look for a parking place, that, today is real luxury.

"In her marriage she has been lucky that they never argue." She is a very tolerant lady. "I know in advance when he is under stress. I will not trouble him then with problems. So I just wait a bit "

This Christmas is something very special for the Rieu family. For the first time this Christmas Eve will be celebrated together with the three grandchildren. In a matter of just four months, André Rieu became a grandfather three times. Ivan, his eldest grandson by his son, Marc (30), came into the world six months ago. And only a few weeks later, on October 13, Eefje, the wife of his son Pierre (28), brought the twins Linde and Lieke into the world.

"They all are lovable babies. But suddenly I feel myself older", says Grandmother Marjorie Rieu.

Andre Rieu," I am so in love with my grandchildren. I am a grandfather with a passion. I would just love to be with the little ones all the time." When he is on tour, he can never pass by a baby store without buying clothes.

Christmas according to André Rieu belongs to the family. "They offered us millions if we would play on Christmas Eve. I refused", said the star. Now the grand children trio is playing first violin with us and dictating the tempo! There is a lot of baby crying".

Thanks to Hans for sending this to us and John for Translating it!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to meet Marjorie! She sounds like someone I'd really like. I believe she must be a very strong, secure, independent and intelligent lady. No wonder André chose her for his wife. Not having to find a parking place is a real luxury here in California too!

Kay

Hilda said...

Thanks for the article about Marjorie. Andre and Marjorie were blessed with each other. Together they have accomplished so much with a lot of hard work, a love for people, and willing to share of themselves. Thanks Marjorie so much. I hope you can rest and be pampered in 2010, if there is such a thing, but with all you and Andre have going on, how can this be.
Admire you greatly,
Hilda USA

Annatjie Vercueil said...

I loved to read about Marjorie She must be an incredible woman of strengh! Do you know her birthday date? I DONT want to know how old she is, I want to know when is her birthday? We all know Andre"s is 1st October but when is Marjorie'sPlease let me know on my e-mail? skilpadddr2@yahoo,com I am a great fan of both of them in South Africa. Annatjie Vercueil
05 October 2011

jean blaney said...

how many grandchildren does Andre have now?
Jean Blaney (Dundee Scotland)

InekeHolland said...

Andre has four grandchildren (2011), a boy and a girl from Marc and twin girls from Pierre.

hazelz said...

loved reading this from Marjorie, what a great family they are, and true soul mates, may they have a long and happy life together xx

Anonymous said...

Estela Quiroga: me encantó todo lo que leí acerca de Andre y Marjorie, los quiero a los dos. Tenía una versión diferente de ellos como
matrimonio, ahora estoy feliz de saber que están juntos. Mis cariños

Mercè Fité i Labaila said...

ENCANTADORA ENTREVISTA. EXISTE EL RESPETO Y EL AMOR. LO PRINCIPAL EN UN MATRIMONIO. GRACIAS POR SER LOS DOS ASÍ.

Unknown said...

Eu adorei saber que eles ( Andre Rieu e Marjorie são felizes como num conto de fadas. Eu amo Andre Rieu. Tudo o que ele faz para nos fazer tão felizes. Fazer com que o mundo seja@melhor
Eu adorei saber que eles ( Andre Rieu e Marjirie ) são felizes como em um conto de fadas. Eu adoro Andre Rieu.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, great post!

Áo khoác Đà Lạt chuyên sỉ và lẻ áo khoác áo khoác nam với giá ưu đãi nhất 2020. Luôn cập nhật mẫu mới chất lượng và dày ấm nhất kể cả với thời tiết lạnh giá các nước có du học sinh và xuất khẩu lao động. Aokhoacdalat.com được đồng hành cùng các bạn!!!!

Azuzena said...


Por desgracia no abunda hoy en día ese tipo de matrimonio tan unido. 42 años!!!
Felicidades a ambos gracias por hacernos tan felices con tu música y tu simpatía, André.
Saludos.
Azuzena.

Cynthia Mooree said...

I am sharing this testimony to partners suffering in their relationships because there is an enduring solution.
My husband left me and our 2 kids for another woman for 3 years. I tried to be strong just for my kids but I could not control the pains that torment my heart. I was hurt and confused. I needed help, so I did some research on the internet and came across a site where I saw that Dr. Okolo, a spell caster, can help get lovers back. I contacted him and he did a special prayer and spells for me. To my surprises, after some days, my husband came back home. That was how we reunited again and there was a lot of love, joy and peace in the family.
You can as well contact Dr. Okolo, a powerful spell-caster, for solutions on his contact drokolosolutioncenter@gmail.com or directly on Whatsapp: +2347031895953 also do as follow MARRIAGE SPELL LOVE SPELL COURT CASES SPELL DEATH SPELL DIVORCE SPELL LOTTERY SPELL PROTECTION SPELL

Trish said...

He now has five grandchildren.

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS