André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Mar 5, 2009

André Rieu Receives The 2009 Buma Export Prize in Holland


André Rieu Received Double Honors Today
Thursday March 5, 2009 De Telegraaf
AMSTERDAM Thursday afternoon André Rieu was distinguished by the French Ambassador, and that evening after the Golden Harp Gala, he returned home with the Buma Export Prize of 2009.

André Rieu received double honors today. He received French Knighthood and the Buma Export Prize. Ivo Niehe admired him because he sold 715,000 tickets.

And Rieu himself? "I am extremely proud to be Dutch and a Maastricht citizen. I say that whenever I am on an international stage. We, as a small country, can do it all!"

The Export Prize is bestowed upon the Dutch Artist who in the past year has been the most successful abroad. In the meantime this is the fourth time that André has received this award, but that does not make him less happy.

"When I started playing the violin, I never thought I would ever win the Export Prize", says André. "I am also extremely proud of the Netherlands. Every evening when I perform I receive so much enthusiasm from the public. Thank you very much!"

The Medal André is wearing in the pictures is his 'French Knighthood', the Ribbon he is wearing above it is his 'Dutch Knighthood' ......... As for the Tie? ;-)

Thank You to John for Finding and Translating this for us!

A little update about the Tie ... I searched on the Parlor and there's an interview that I posted last year where André was asked, if he could be any Animal he wanted to be, what animal would he choose, this was his answer:

An Animal? "An elephant. I love the elephants very much. Look at my necktie, it has approximately ten designs. I love them, because they are strong and amiable, but they can also look at each other with rage, if it has to be. That shows a little of myself, this here." (Laughter) He also said elephants bring him luck ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John, you have been very busy these past few days translating for us. Thank you so much. And thank you Sue for posting these.

How exciting for André! It's simply amazing what he has achieved. I am so happy he is reaping the rewards of his many years of hard work. ~Kay

Ineke Holland said...

Goodness Gracious me! The presentation of the BUMA golden harp awards and Export Prizes on Dutch TV had not yet finished or it is already on your website, Sue!
John and Sue, you are the fastest Andre promotion workers I know. You deserve awards too!!
Have mercy with my hard working hubby. It'll be on our website in the weekend.
Hugs to you all,
Ineke.

Anonymous said...

RE: Update on Andre's tie - that explanation makes more sense than wondering if he leans Republican.
;-)
~Chris T.

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS