André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Dec 13, 2015

Marc Rieu The Painter, He is Romantic and Dreamy ...

Marc Rieu The Painter
He is romantic and dreamy. He loves the beauty and quiet.

Bild Stars Magazine: The father makes music. The son cannot paint without music. "Just like my father, beauty touches me very much", says Marc Rieu. Just like André, it gives me great satisfaction to create something. My father is a dreamer and in this respect I am like him".

The 37 year old is the Maestro's eldest son. As a young child he took all the books from the book shelf at home and he looked through art books for hours. When at the age of 11 he saw a TV documentary about the genius Vincent van Gogh (1853-1890) Marc then realized: I have to be and must be creative in my life.

For a short time I had the ambition of becoming a magician. It turned out to be painting! Today my paint brush is my magic wand.


After his final college exams, he studied Art History and Archaeology (I was a big Indiana Jones fan). He wrote his term paper about the early romantic German painter Caspar David Friedrich (1774-1840). There is no painting he loves more than Friedrich's "Der wanderer über dem Nebelmeer" (The Wanderer above the sea fog). Marc's favorite subjects are scenery. "People of today do not take enough time to really look at nature. Instead they fight. When I see the many wars in the news , I become sad."

The dream waves which develop in his head are put on white canvas with acryl and oil colors. Music is always playing in his small studio. "No waltzes by Johann Strauss", says the artist. The film music of "Lord of the Rings" is very inspirational to paint by. Very often I also listen to Gustav Mahler and Richard Wagner. Or the Dutch singer Trijntje Oosterhuis.

Some of his creations were used as covers for André Rieu's CDs and DVDs. Many of his paintings hang in his parents' castle. They are my best customers, says Marc and smiles.


Is his famous name helpful for his career or is it distressing?
"I don't feel that the name "Rieu" is a burden although I am very often asked: "Are you the son of...........?" "Yes, but please call me Marc", I then tell them. It was once said that an organizer of an exhibition canceled at the last moment because father André was not able to give the opening speech. "I did not mind that. I should be invited because of my creations and not because of my father".

André Rieu himself was outshone by his own father for a long time. "He was the son of André Rieu senior, the famous conductor of the Maastricht Symphony Orchestra. And another surprising parallel: "I was a very quiet and shy child" says Marc. "My father was like that too, who at the beginning of his career did not dare to speak one word in public.


And how does André see his son today?
"I am unbelievable proud of him. He is a romantic person who thinks: "Everything is possible". I believe that Marc inherited that from me". "And from mama", Marc adds, "I inherited the love for writing". "I consider myself the perfect mix from my father and my mother".
Only in one point does he not have Marjorie's genes: "She has an economic acumen. And I know of no artist who is a good businessman. Fortunately my wife manages my business."

Andrea and Marc Rieu have two children: daughter Fleur (5) and son Ivan (6). "I am totally crazy about both of them", says Marc. "It felt as if an extra engine started in my life. Everything is more intense". (Marc and Andrea are expecting their third child in January 2016!)


"Sint Pieter" by Marc Rieu

Translation by John and Ineke

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS