André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Dec 4, 2020

Musicians and corona, Manoe Konings

 

Musicians and corona, Manoe Konings

 

Photo by Rob Oostwegel 

de Limburger by Rob Cobben

Name: Manoe Konings-Place of residence: Maastricht-Age: 59

With Johann Strauss Orchestra since: 1989-Role in orchestra: plays clarinet, saxophone, bagpipes, guitar (and is a comedian)

She jokes all the time, including during this interview. That's just the way I am, she says. “When I was four years old, my mother said that I was already entertaining all the customers at my parents' hair salon. And did I already say then: "Later I will become a musician and be world famous!"

And so it went. Manoe Konings was already being "incorporated" by André Rieu during her studies at the conservatory in Maastricht. In addition to music, she also plays a leading role in his orchestra as a comedian. She even has a fan club on Face book, although she doesn't want to elaborate on that. 

“I am just Manoe and, like all my fine colleagues, I am part of André's orchestra, who is the best boss you can ever imagine. ” If he asks her to stand on her head, she might just do it. Never, now almost never, does she say "no" when André Rieu comes up with something new. “Yes, but just one time, thou. He then thought I should play a bass clarinet. That was impossible, I almost fit into that device. And after only one try, I was out of air. So I said: I am not doing that!”

I could not watch those TV broadcast of the Vrijthof concerts of 2019. Tears! The tissue box was empty in no time. 

Spanish

She does not get bored during the forced concert break, she says. She puzzles a lot, is taking singing and guitar lessons and is studying Spanish. She also has signed up again as a member of Harmonie(Marching brass band) Heer Vooruit, where she once started her career as a musician. In addition, she now performs with the "Ensemble The Strings" from Stein. With shortly a recording of a Christmas concert for a local broadcaster.

But the real desire is to tour with "André and our orchestra," she says. “We are a close-knit family. The feeling of being on stage, with thousands of people in front of you - and the energy that is then released - is indescribable! ” At the table in her home in the Maastricht district of De Heeg, it seems as if she has little trouble with this strange year, the pandemic and all the restrictive rules. “There is not enough time left,” she says several times.

Emotions

But gradually the emotions start to surface. And she speaks about the TV broadcast of last year's Vrijthof concerts. “I turned it off after a few minutes. Tears! I had a box of tissues next to me on the sofa and in no time at all it was empty... ”There was another big down period in July, she says. “When we were actually going to perform the Vrijthof concerts. That was a terrible period. ” But she understands it all, those rules must be followed because of Covid-19. “During the summer, as an orchestra, we decided to uplift André. He knew nothing about it. We then gave a concert in his castle garden. But it was hard to keep our distance and not being able to get close. I can't wait until that is possible and allowed again.”

Thanks to John for the Translation

3 comments:

Francine Chavanon said...

Talentueuse Manöe ! Elle sait tout faire dans ce merveilleux orchestre. Tout le monde l'adore. Espèrons la retrouver bientôt au sein du JSO avec tous ces fantastiques musiciens qui nous manquent tant ainsi que leur chef, André! Amitiés de France. Francine.

Antiques! said...

She is such a wonderful entertainer! Me like. 😀👍🏻

Grandma m said...

Just this past weekend I viewed the New Years 2019 concert from Sydney. I want to personally commend you for your performance of Highland Cathedral. I have now watched you playing this about 10 times and each time I'm more deeply moved than I was the previous time. I live in California and wasn't aware of Andre Rieu and his orchestra until last November. This music has done more to lift my spirits and enrich my soul than anything else in my life. My husband and I were scheduled to see the scheduled performance in Las Vegas later this month but since it has been postponed we have purchased tickets to attend a concert in Maastricht this summer. I can't wait. Please give my best to everyone and know that the hard work each of you puts into your performances enriches us all in so many ways. Bless you. Paula D. Matuskey

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS