André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Jun 11, 2008

We Stayed At André Rieu's Hotel Too???

Karen, Alice and Claude at The Ottawa Concert
The following is a description of a "funny" incident that happened to Claude and I when we stayed in Ottawa for the concert.
Alice has done a great job in describing the concert in her report, and I don’t want to repeat her. But I do want to say that it was a pleasure to meet Alice and her parents at the concert. Alice and I had corresponded through Sonja’s Guest Book, but we hadn’t met before. I’m so glad that she and her parents came to the Ottawa concert. They really helped contribute to the lively atmosphere by handing out the 300 André/JSO flags that they had made. The crowd loved them – as well as André (as you can see from Alice’s video)!
After reading Alice’s report I realized that we had stayed at the same hotel. I’m so happy for Alice that she had the chance to meet some of the orchestra members, and get Mirusia and André’s autograph!
Claude and I had different experience.
We drove from Quebec City on Friday afternoon. When we checked into the hotel I noticed there was a sign in the lobby about a convention. I thought to myself with the convention, the Tulip Festival and the May long weekend that the hotel was probably booked to full capacity. So I dismissed in my mind the idea that André and the JSO would be staying there.
Claude and I spent Friday evening and the day of Saturday visiting Ottawa and discovering the beauty of Canada’s capital city. Saturday evening we went to the concert and enjoyed it thoroughly! We were so thrilled to have front row seats in the centre section! After the concert, we returned to the hotel, had a bite to eat and slept in Sunday morning.
Sunday afternoon we checked out of the hotel. Claude went to get the car and I was with the bellboy who came to help with our luggage. When he asked why we came to Ottawa, I told him it was for the Tulip Festival and the André Rieu Concert. Then he asked me, "Did you know that André’s personal manager was in the room next to yours?" "And," he continued, "André was on the same floor at the end of the hall." He also explained that the JSO had stayed on the same floor, as well as the floor below.
I was so surprised!! At first, I couldn’t even believe it! I kept asking him questions and he explained that André had come in late the night before and they had left early in the morning. I just couldn’t believe though how Claude and I could stay at the same hotel and be on the same floor as the Rieu Company and not even realize it!! But I thought it was interesting that I happened to meet a hotel employee who informed me. Otherwise we would have been totally oblivious!
Actually, I think the whole incident is kind of funny. And kind of sad too… We accept that, and we are sincerely happy for those who have attended concerts and have had personal contact with André and the JSO. Perhaps it will be our turn next time! ~Karen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Karen,
Thanks so much for your kind words about our "presence" at the Ottawa concert. Although you didn't get to meet the JSO at the hotel, I feel we're priviledged to have stayed under the same roof with this group of beautiful talented people and oh dear, you can tell the whole world that you're sleeping with André.....on the same floor....How precious was that!! I'm sure Claude won't mind my saying it....Heehee!

Anonymous said...

Well... as long as we keep it that way... its OK!

Ü

Claude

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, didn't you notice any electricity in the air??!! I usually have a second sense about that. I can "feel" when Andre is around. When we were sitting in Miami for hours my husband kept saying how do you know he is even around. I said I just know and around the corner he came. Same thing later at the bar. My husband said "you don't even know if he left already and here we are waiting", moments later Andre enters the lobby goes upstairs and we still wait and maybe one half hour later he walks right by our table. I couldn't even say 'hello Andre' I was tongue-tied. So you never know where he is lurking!! Glad it happened to you. You are a sweet couple.
Love,
Jeanine Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanine Ann,
I guess I just don't have your sense of intuition... We'll have to get together at the next concert. Maybe then I'll get the chance to see André!
I have enjoyed your reports and the pictures of the concerts you have attended.
Take care,
Karen

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS