André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Nov 14, 2009

Katherine Jenkins, André Rieu ~ Believe

This is an article of singer Katherine Jenkins who just released a new CD on Friday and has a song on it with André. I thought it interesting and it's a beautiful song. There's a link below to hear a bit of it.

KATHERINE Jenkins is the wild child of modern classical music. She's admitted using cocaine, ecstasy and marijuana as a teenager and once said she could have "ended up like Amy Winehouse''.

"It's so important to me that classical music is accessible and approachable, because I came from a background where I didn't know anything about it,'' the Welsh mezzo-soprano tells Insider. Jenkins, 29, has sold more than four million albums, signed a $10.6 million contract with Warner - reportedly the largest in classical music history - and made Britain's Sunday Times Rich List.

Her eighth album, "Believe", featuring collaborations with "Andrea Bocelli and Andre Rieu", was released on Friday.

While Jenkins has made her name mining the popular-classical crossover vein, she hasn't ruled out performing straight opera, and she has a big name preparing her for the moment.

"That's something I've always said I wanted to do,'' she says. "Being a mezzo-soprano, my voice doesn't fully develop until I'm about 30. Placido Domingo has been giving me lessons to get me ready for my first opera.''

You can click on the links to hear a little of her singing with André from her new CD and a video: Listen to 'Ancora Non Sai' by Katherine Jenkins with André

3 comments:

Chris T. said...

This is really nice! I hope it generates a little more recognition for Andre in the UK. Jann must be lovin' this! ;-) Do you suppose we'll be seeing Katherine or Andrea B. on one of Andre's future DVDs?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this, I learned about this artist about 2 years ago when I was searching for new artists that I would like. Her voice attracted me and I bought I think her first CD. I'm sure she's grown since then and I'm happy to hear she has collaborated with Andre on her new CD. Like Chris T., I do hope they would share the stage in the future for a concert like Bond and Russell Watson. She's definitely up and coming!

Martha

Anonymous said...

Katherine Jenkins will be appearing with Andrea Bocelli and David Foster on a Christmas special on PBS. It's on Nov. 29 at 10 pm on the Fresno PBS station. Should be a good one to watch.

Kay

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS