André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Jun 6, 2011

Cats Bring People Together by Mirusia


Cats Do Bring People Together
Mirusia is a soprano and has been performing for almost four years with André Rieu. Since she travels all over the world, she is therefore not able to keep any cats herself. Fortunately she can enjoy the cats of her fan and Majesty (Magazine) reader Suzy.

Dear Majesty, my name is Mirusia. I am a Soprano songstress from Australia, who for almost four years has been performing with André Rieu. I would like to tell you a nice story which might also be of interest to your Majesty readers.
For almost four years now I have lived in the Netherlands, after having lived in Australia, where I was born, my entire life. I grew up with Siamese cats, which we also bred. When I moved to the Netherlands, I felt sorry having to leave my two tomcats, Sascha and Joey, behind in Australia. To be able to perform all over the world with André Rieu was for me super important, and also very nice. I have been touring with André since 2007 and have a lot of fun with my work, and also together with André recorded a number one platinum record in Australia. Last year I also published a solo CD "Always and Forever", which is now number one on the classical list, and has in the meantime also been released in the Netherlands.
But one thing was not so nice: every time I returned from tour to my cold and empty apartment in Maastricht, I missed my cats. When I returned to Australia for a couple of weeks a year, I could see them again. They were starting to age, and Sascha passed away a week before I was to return to Australia in May 2010. Joey was alone and you’d notice he was grieving.
During my vacation in Australia, my Mum and I were walking through a shopping center and saw a pet store display case, filled with darling Ragdoll kittens. Only one came to us, a fluffy little tomcat with a big black spot on its nose. He sort of resembled a koala. I named him "Blinky Bill" after an Australian cartoon featuring a koala. After having gone back to the store four times, I took my Mum there on Mother’s Day to buy "Blinky Bill" for her as a present. She was so upset over Sascha’s death, and we expected that his left behind brother would soon pass away too due to grief.
Blinky was the best present I ever could have given my Mum, because a week later we actually had to put Joey to sleep. He was so despondent and ill.
Australian Songstress Misses Her Cats ...
After a few weeks I returned to the Netherlands to tour again with André, but I missed Blinky very much. Since I have been touring with André over the entire world I have acquired a lot of fans. I try to stay in contact with them as much as I can, but at times it is impossible to answer every e-mail, although I do read each and every one.
One day I received a very nice e-mail from a lady, who also happens to be living in Maastricht. Her name is Suzy. She knew some of my colleagues, and the reason she wrote me was that she had read about Blinky on my Face Book website. She wrote me that if I was missing Blinky so badly, I could always come to her house and cuddle with her ragdoll cat, Ollie.
We’ve had lots of contacts via the internet, and then one day, I finally had the time to pay her and Ollie a visit. And not only Ollie, but also her other three tomcats! It was very nice to once again be surrounded by cats, and also to finally meet Suzy. She is so kind towards her animals and her four tomcats are really beautiful. She has a Ragdoll, a Siamese, a Maine Coon and one she rescued from the streets. We have a lot in common and talk about cats and the funny experiences we encountered with them. So we have developed a nice friendship. I am always welcome at her place to cuddle with her cats which I like very much. She loaned me your Majesty magazine, and thought it would be nice to share this story. Cats do bring people together ... Mirusia
Thanks to 'Suzy' for sending this article to us and John for ©Translating it.

5 comments:

Lois Little said...

This is a message for Mirusia.
The article you wrote about cats bringing people together is a lovely story. I am a cat lover too, and I have admired the picture of Blinky Bill which you put on facebook ages ago. He is the most beautiful cat I have ever seen because of his unusual colouring.
Our family have had several cats, namely Gigi, Fifi, Mimi, Sambo, Tinker, Tootsie, and Rex. Yes, I believe cats can bring people together. Cats can unite family members too. I guess over 50 years of married life I have many cat stories I can look back on fondly.
Lois Little Melbourne, Australia

Kay said...

I knew there was a reason I liked Mirusia so much....besides her friendly personality and wonderful voice. She's a cat lover too! We have two 6-week old kittens with the black spot on their noses and they really do look like little koalas. We have enough cats now to open our own rescue and we love every one of them.

InekeHolland said...

This magazine did not ring a bell to me. I went to the shop and asked for it and indeed.... "Majesteit" is a Dutch magazine for cat lovers, all about cats and nothing else. A suitable name: Her Majesty the Cat!
Ineke.

Anonymous said...

rimpiangiamo la bella voce indimenticabile ed il dolce sorriso di Suzan Erens. Ha lasciato un vuoto che tuttora tale rimane. Ricordiamo con nostalgia anche Carla Maffioletti e un grande applauso a Carmen Monarcha sperando che continui a rimanere con Andre Rieu.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Believe it or not, when I read that post, my own katje was sleeping on me, complete with purring and curling paws.

Thank you for sharing that lovely story. How kind Suzy sounds! I can't help feeling sorry for Sasha and Joey, thought.

I grew up with cats too, so I understand. In fact, my first cat was older than I was.

Funny to remember how cats love music, too.

Zita

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS