André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Sep 28, 2012

André Rieu Ziggo Magazine Interview


André Rieu: Crying With "The Sound of Music"
Ziggo Magazine interview, September 2012: On November 30th André Rieu will be performing in the Ziggo Dome. For that the world renowned violinist will bring his entire 60 man strong Johann Strauss orchestra. But what does the Limburger do when he is not performing on stage? André Rieu about his media use. 
Which music means the most to you? "It would be strange if I did not answer that with Johann Strauss. His waltzes ensured that I discovered a love for music. There is a lot of melancholy and joy in a waltz. It is a mirror of life. He knows exactly where to place that." 
Do you ever download musical movies? "My youngest son Pierre does all that for me. I have all my own pieces recorded on my I-phone. Also a number of movies, of which several by Anthony Hopkins. I am a fan of his. 
"Which phone number do you call most frequent?" "That would be my wife’s number. Easily five times a day when I am on tour. She does not travel with us, but we make all decisions together, whether it is about the program, or paying a bill for the dog. She is my support and my crutch. 
"Which apps on your smart phone do you use the most? "Apps to view pictures and watch movies. Pierre regularly sends me small films of his children. I look at them several times a day. 
"With which movies did you last cry? "The Sound of Music." That is my all time favorite movie. It contains a melancholy which I am crazy about. 
"Which movies give you inspiration? "The same movie, but I am also inspired by the music of other particular movies. "Dancing with Wolves", "My Fair Lady" and "Evita" for instance. 
"Do you ever watch TV-series? "Top Gear!" It is informative and is presented in a nice way. It is a program with which you can totally relax and laugh. I also like to watch the fishing program "Rex Hunt’s Fishing Adventures. 
"Which musical documentary must every one watch? "Our own "Road-Soaps" have been extremely popular all over the world. People enjoy watching and being able to follow the artist behind the scenes. We notice that on the reactions we receive. It seems that people appreciate you even more when they see how much work is involved when you are creating something." 
Thanks to Ineke for sending this and John Translating it

No comments:

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS