André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Apr 28, 2013

André Rieu The Highlight of My Career

André Rieu: April 30th The Highlight in My Career
THE HAGUE - de Gelderlander April 26: The King's Ball is imminent and André van Duin, André Rieu and Martijn Fischer (in his role as André Hazes) have a lot in store for the royal couple. Rieu looks on ahead for BuzzR. 
"We are going to give a two-hour concert, which is completely adapted to the events of that day. First of course we play the "Wilhelmus" our national anthem. I think that's a wonderful composition, which I would like to perform very often so I like to take advantage of the opportunity,'' says the composer.
"In addition to that we also play of course the most beautiful waltz ever written for a prince, the truly majestic Kaiser waltz by Johann Strauss. As a tribute to our Queen Beatrix's we will play "Time to Say Goodbye." And especially for our future Queen Máxima, "Do not Cry for me Argentina." These last two songs will be sung by soprano Mirusia Louwerse, who will fly over especially from Australia. And then it will become a large celebration of recognition, with waltzes, happy marches, opera medleys ... wonderful, I look forward to it all!'' he continues.
An Important Day
Rieu already knows that April 30 will be the highlight for him. "It is an important day for the Netherlands, the inauguration of a king is a historic event, and that I am allowed to perform at such a special occasion touches me very deeply. It will be a highlight in my career, and also for my orchestra of course." 
The violinist is also looking forward with anticipation towards the reign of Willem-Alexander. '' It will be very different than what we were used to, I guess. Primarily since we now will have a king and a queen. Something really special. I'm a romantic, which is known, and it is noticeable by everything on our stage, so a royal couple really speaks to my imagination. 
"And as a romantic who prefers performing on the Vrijthof, André will need some time to adjust to the Museumplein." Every year at our summer concerts I call out that the Vrijthof is the most beautiful square in the Netherlands, but who knows ... I might need to rethink my opinion. No, just kidding. The Museumplein is especially very large, so it's nice that many people will be able to come on that day, but the Vrijthof is of course much more intimate, with those beautiful medieval churches on one side, and the sociable terraces all around."
Thanks to Ineke for sending this and John Translating it. 

No comments:

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS