André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Oct 2, 2007

Chris Tromburg ~ Portland Bound!

Thrill of Autumn
Christina Tromburg

Multi~hued foliage so finely dressed,
The kick of a nip in the air.
A misty morn and a crunch underfoot,
Could there be a more welcome guest?

A vista of brilliance, oh, how we're blessed
A time for grateful reflection.
What greater thrill does the Autumn bring?
Yes! RIEU to our U.S. Northwest!!!





Portland bound ~ One more week!!! Margaret and I went to Andre’s concert in Seattle last year, along with my sister and her daughter. (Margaret is in the pink shirt, I’m in the blue) This year, we’re going to Portland and will be taking two others from Boise with us: Nancy and Susan. They are FAR crazier than we are ;-). My sister can’t make it this year, but we’ll have a great time, I’m sure! Even though our seats aren’t nearly as good as last year (we’re back in the corner - house left - and up one level), there’s always the encores! Susan said she would be brave enough to go down front toward the end. It will depend on what the Portland crowd is like. As I mentioned in my story last year, Margaret and I went to high school together, and we’ve known Nancy since early college days. Susan is Nancy’s neighbor, whom I’ve just met this year. Nancy, apparently, had been talking to her about her friend Chris’ crazy obsession with some Dutch classical group. Ha! She enthusiastically shared that she and her mother have been Rieu fans for years! Susan’s family is German on her mother's side. Her mother still lives there most of the time, and Susan was raised there but now lives in the States with her American husband and twin sons. We’re looking forward not only to the concert, but to all the folks we’ll meet in Portland. We’ll be back with a report AS SOON AS we can! ~ Chris T.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I'm excited for you and your friends, only one more week! I have to wait over 2 months til my concert in Toronto!
Have a great time and let us know all the details! Eileen

Suzanne Berry said...

I love the poem Chris!
Can't wait to start hearing stories
of the concerts again!! ~ Sue :)

Jeanine Ann said...

Hi Chris, Loved your poem. I am so happy you will be seeing André next week. Have a beautiful time. Like Eileen said, we have 2 months to go for Toronto! Hugs to you

Anonymous said...

Hi Eileen & Jeanine Ann, I haven't talked to either of you for awhile. Hope everything is well for you back east. Toronto will be so amazing! Sue, you'll be there too, right? Glad you enjoyed the poem - thanks, I know more than one of us has had fun with a little word crafting inspired by our common interest... :-).
~Chris Out West

Suzanne Berry said...

Yes ~ I'll be in Toronto!! :)
On top of it being an amazing
extravaganza with André ~ it's
going to be a huge fan gathering
and I'm so excited!! Meeting all
the new and old friends is what
makes so many concerts "Extra"
Special!! :)

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS