André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Apr 7, 2010

André Rieu's Choice of Top Ten Classical Recordings

Ten of The Greatest Classical Recordings (and why) Chosen by André Rieu ...The conductor's top ten list includes Bach's Mass In B Minor to Beethovan's Pastoral Symphonies.

5. BACH: MASS IN B MINOR Karl Richter, Munich Bach Orchestra
Is there any music that goes deeper into the human soul? I can't think of any. I was ten years old when I first saw my father conduct this piece in concert. I attended all the rehearsals, then saw the concert in Maastricht. It left such an impression on me. I had a religious education when I was young and I always felt that Bach must have been deeply religious to compose such a piece, otherwise he could not have written it. It's hard to imagine even the most hardened atheist being unmoved by it.

To enjoy this music, you just need to appreciate that you are alive in the universe. I have many other versions at home but the Richter version is the one I always reach for. It's the consummate recording in that it's the most subtle of them all.

I would be tempted to say that this is the piece I would like played at my funeral. But I have decided not to have a funeral. I intend to donate my body to science and have no wish to be buried in a coffin. When I finally go, there will be no funeral ceremony. I want people to have a party. I want them to dance and laugh and drink. While they are doing all that, hopefully they will think about me and remember how my music made people happy. That's all I ask for ... Click on link below to read the full article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1262552/Ten-greatest-classical-recordings-Andre-Rieu.html

No comments:

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS