André Rieu News From Europe ♦ USA ♦ Australia ♦ SA ♦ UK ♦ The World


Number One André Rieu Site For English Speaking Fans Around The World!
With The Latest News - Photos - English Translations and More!

WELCOME AND ENJOY ! FROM YOUR WEB HOSTS ~ JOHN AND SUZANNE

.

.
►Click on Photo To See and Hear Nightingale Serenade

Jul 10, 2012

André Rieu and Pierre Kartner in Maastricht


The Collaboration With André Rieu Will Be Continued
(Privé, July 11th 2012, by Yvonne Hoebe) For Pierre Kartner the performances on the Vrijthof in Maastricht were an unforgettable experience. The 77 year old singer is impressed by the enormous versatility of the King of Waltz and he said he had learned of lot. The collaboration went so well, that there will be a continuation for sure. 
For some people maybe a little bit over the top, but for André Rieu and Pierre Kartner it was a challenge to provide the Waltz King's entire orchestra with Smurf hats as soon as Pierre Kartner started his famous Smurf Song for the 10,000 people on the Vrijthof. 
A few days after the concerts, Pierre is still enjoying the impressions. By coincidence I got this chance and I experience it as an enormous challenge. Ten thousand people on the Vrijthof going crazy, singing along, walking the conga line ... When you perform the Smurf Song accompanied by the world's best orchestra and also 128 men from the Maastrichter Staar, I can assure you that the goose bumps are on your arms. The entourage and everything around it is top of the bill. I have been through a lot in my career, but this was definitely one of the highlights. Of course I knew André, but we never worked together. When he suggested this idea, I was enthusiastic immediately. What will be better than being accompanied by one of the best orchestras in the world? It was a present, certainly at my age. 
Gifted 
Pierre, who has a strong track record himself and whose songs "The Red Rose Café" and "Smurf Song" have become world famous, appreciates André very much. "I admire him so much. In the first place he is a gifted violinist who already conquered the entire world. I saw him at work during four concerts and also during the preparations. He is a perfectionist, but at the same time a very gentle person. I noticed that during the rehearsals. We rehearsed from 9 am to 6 pm. No dissonance at all, not by him, not by the orchestra members, not by the rest of the crew. Everything goes in good harmony, but there is still a clear discipline. You can only learn from that. André does not feel elevated above his employees, he feels equal. A jack-of-all-trades, he really checks everything, nothing escapes him. I have to admit that I learned a lot in the last few weeks and I am a special experience richer. To see how he runs his company together with his wife Marjorie, who also has a large share in his success, and of course his son Pierre too, that is very special! I was even allowed to spend a few hours in his castle and there you feel the harmony and atmosphere around them. You know what?? I just love that man!" 
The collaboration between the Waltz King and the singer/composer is not one-off. "Probably we are going to do more projects together". We'd like to conquer Germany by releasing the "Red Rose Café Song" in a new way. At the same time it'll be a tribute to the German singer Peter Alexander. Showing the concert in cinemas all over the world makes it clear that André and I have an enormous click. We'll continue with that in the future, I can confirm that. Again, he is a world-class artist but above all a wonderful person. I am an experience richer, I have gotten a new friend from whom I still can learn a lot!"
Thanks to Ineke for Translating and Sending this to us

5 comments:

Steph said...

Thanks for that, I loved him and I wish he was coming to the UK with André.He was so good.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I am allowed to say this on here, but Pierre Kartner is very well known in the Netherlands for having all kinds of plans that never come to fruition. Let's hope that this isn't one of them! (Personally I am waiting for him announce a collaboration with André for the Eurovision song contest, hahaha)

Maria

Suzanne Berry said...

I think regardless of what the outcome of future engagements will be, it's nice to read how important this engagement was to him with André. :)

Anonymous said...

It certainly was a treat to see them perform together in June and I really hope your wish comes true in December Steph.. fantastic !!!!

Dee

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! But then, who wouldn't be honored to be on stage with him.

Maria

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING ALL ARTICLES ON THE HARMONY PARLOR!!

.

.

.

.
Pierre and André September 30, 2016 Maastricht

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photo Taken at Mexico City Concert ~ September 2013

.

.

.

.
"Hello to all my fans on The Harmony Parlor!"


Soundcheck in Maastricht 2013 (RTL Photo)



Maastricht 2012 ~ "André on The Theater Steps" by Bee

Maastricht 2012 ~ "André and Pierre on The Theater Steps" by Bee

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST WEEK

TOP TEN VIEWED POSTS IN THE PAST THIRTY DAYS

TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED POSTS